Saturday 16 June 2007

My Days Off

Tonight is my last night shift than I am on days off(Woo hoo).

As I am a shift working in a Lead Mine as an Emergency Service Officer. I work a roster that is 4x day shifts on 4x days off 4x night shifts on 4x days off.

I leave home at 6 and get home at 8 so it works out to be a 14 hour day.

I had to do an extra panel of night shifts this panel (to help out my boss) as I am surpose to be on day shift.

I can't complain as when I am on my normal roster (back next panel) I am on the same shifts as my gorgeous fiance, He works underground. We both work at the same Mine.

The night shifts take a bit out of me.

So for the first couple of days it's a bit slow and steady letting my body catch up on much needed sleep, rest and relaxation.




These days off I have a few things planned other than relaxing and recovering from night shift and the usual chores

- tidy the house
- Washing
- Ironing
- Washing my beautiful babies (Jacko and Sophie) as they are inside puppies when we are home, they get a bath once a week.


We have a few things we need to finalise for our wedding

- Ceremony program
- Dinner menu
- Invitation Layout and wording


I am going to try and cook a recipe for 'In the bag' which I came across at http://www.cherrysenglishkitchen.typepad.com/ , you get 3 ingredients and you have to cook up a recipe using these 3 ingredients, you submit your entry with a picture of your dish.
It looks like so much fun so i thought I would put my cooking skills to use and have a go at it.
I have a great recipe in mind, I will post as soon as I make it.


My gorgeous fiance will be playing golf, one of his favourite activities.
He has a golf competition on, it's on Sunday fingers crossed it is a beautiful day for him.


I am hoping to get some knitting in, as I am eager to get my scarf finished and get started on a new project.
But as I am new to the whole knitting thing still on my learner's I am as slow as a snail.
So I am patiently knitting away day dreaming of my next project.
I am thinking a beanie in the same color as my scarf.
As than I will be able to put my new knitting skills in use on a pattern.
Yes that's right I said pattern I know I have been dreading the thought of attempting a pattern but i have faith!!

Help is on it's way!!
I have ordered the Stitch ' N bitch book.






To help me with my knitting journey, can't wait for the mail man/woman to deliver it to me, very exciting.
There is also a lovely lady in town that owns a craft/ sewing shop. she has offered her help if i come to any trouble, which was so nice of her.

So help is at hand if needed.



For Elisabeth

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, I attached a photo for you as well, the photo turned out great, the guacamole looks delicious!!



Guacamole and pita chip

Ingredients:

1 Avocado, halved, stone removed and peeled

2 Tablespoons of lemon juice

1/2 a small red chili, finely chopped

1/3 Cup of Sour cream

3 Spring Onions, finely chopped

3 Pita bread

You can buy your own Pita chips as I have done or make your own.



Place avocado in a bowl

Using a fork roughly mash avocado

add lemon juice, chili and sour cream

Stir to combine

Stir in Spring onions

Season with salt and pepper

Pita Chips

Grill bread on both sides until golden brown

Cut into wedges

Serve guacamole with wedges

Enjoy!!




6 comments:

Vintage Wine said...

Thank you! I'll save this one for next time...

And the photo is amazing! I could never get a photo like that... Perhaps I have to practice photographing guacamole, which means that I would need several bowls of guacamole to practice on ;-)

Jennilee said...

It is really yummy I made it for a friends party it is soooo yummy.
I found if you use a spatula and have someone to help you (My Gorgeous fiance helped me) It works ok, abit of cleaning around the bowl though lol.
jennilee

Abby said...

hey jenn
great blog...how exciting that u have made it onto some must read lists already...wow...let me know if u need any help with the knitting.... I have some beanie patterns if u like .....and if u want to start making beanies on circulart needles it is heaps easier and no sewing up..... keep up the knitting ...cant wait to see the finished project
luv Abby

Jennilee said...

Thanks Ab, I just mite take you up on the beanie pattern offer I've been looking and havn't found one dummy proof yet lol no I mean I havn't found one I understand yet.
It was great seeing you.
Love
jennilee

Anonymous said...

Stitch N'Bitch is a wonderful book. The patterns in there are easy to understand and its nice to have a referance while you are trying to puzzle things out.

Jennilee said...

Hi Leanne,
So true I have only just started to read stitch 'n' bitch and it has already helped me so much! As Iam teaching myself it is definetly nice to have something to have as a reference while I work things out!.
Thanks gfor your comment!
Jennilee